‘Clean skin’ is essential when it comes to optimum skin health. It’s your first line of protection against bacteria and it makes a lot of sense to nourish and protect your skin at all costs. Let’s not forget too that it’s also the body’s largest organ and plays a big role in keeping the entire body healthy.
If you want healthy skin that looks radiant and is free from impurities, then it’s important to make sure that you’re using the right skincare products and employing the right routines.
Here are 6 Foolproof Ways to Keep Your Skin Clean
1. Wash your face properly: this is basic, yet very easy to disregard especially on those nights where you’re just too tired to take your makeup off and cleanse your face. Like many, you might even assume that a makeup remover wipe is enough to entirely remove the dirt and grime that has clung to your skin, but this is a very common misconception. Double cleanse if you have to. It is also recommended that you wash your face for 30 to 45 seconds to properly cleanse away dirt, oil, and excess makeup.
If you’re looking for a foaming cleanser that will leave your skin feeling clean and refreshed, try the Obagi Clenziderm Daily Care Foaming Cleanser. The Obagi Clenziderm Daily Care Foaming Cleanser is specially formulated for those who have acne and spot-prone skin. It has 2% salicylic acid that helps prevent and control breakouts. It even has soothing menthol that calms and cools irritated skin.
2. Use cleansing tools: cleansing tools aren’t just for exfoliating. Tools like cleansing brushes can help remove the grime that clings to your pores too. These tools usually have tiny bristles that can get inside your pores that your fingers can’t clean otherwise. You can opt to use these tools once or twice a week and you’ll see a significant difference in how much clearer your skin looks as a result.
3. Anything that comes in contact with your face should be clean: this includes your bedding, pillowcases, towels, and even your phone. If you’re noticing that there are active breakouts on your cheeks or any area that these items are touching—then you know what the culprit is likely to be. Avoid touching your face too, as doing so can transfer bacteria on your face that can cause acne. If you have a habit of resting your chin on your hand, it can even be the reason for the blemishes you have on your jaw. Do you have bangs? Your hair can accumulate dirt and sweat which can cause breakouts on your forehead and along your hairline.
Thorclor Labs’ GF skin series products are also particularly effective when it comes to keeping your skin clean as it is anti-bacterial and virucidal. It is totally non-toxic to humans, yet extremely toxic to pathogens and viruses including Coronavirus. The products can be used as a face and throat spray, an eye spray and is also suitable for immediate disinfection of the hands, making it especially useful in our current health climate. Easily layered into your existing skincare routine, these products could be an incredibly useful addition to your existing routine.
4. Hydrate and eat healthy food: keeping your skin clean and clear isn’t just about what you’re doing on the outside, but also on the inside. Make sure that you’re drinking lots of water and consuming food that has essential vitamins and nutrients to help maintain your skin’s natural glow.
5. Avoid stress and monitor your sleep: your overall health plays a big role in the appearance of your skin. If you’re stressed or always running on a few hours of sleep, you might be noticing that your skin isn’t in its best condition as a result.
6. Know your skincare options. It is very easy to get lost in a world that’s obsessing over skincare. Opt only for the best options that are clinically tried and tested so you can be sure of what’s effective and worth every penny. Obagi has several options for skincare products. Specifically, try Obagi’s foaming cleanser for acne and you can’t go wrong.
A spring clean for your skin is totally possible if you invest time in the right skincare products and habits. If you’ve been meaning to freshen up your skincare routine, now is absolutely the time to do it!