The Obagi Nu-Derm System has quite the following in the USA but here in the UK, it seems to be one of the best kept secrets in fighting anti-aging, uneven skin tone and even pigmentation and acne!
It’s a system that will transform, rejuvenate and even re-train your skin so it produces healthy skin cells. Basically it makes your skin act younger!
The Obagi Nu-Derm System is a prescription strength system that really works. There are a number of creams involved in the whole regime which can be daunting at first however these creams are all designed to work together and the whole system is really worth sticking to.
In the first 1-18 weeks you will start on an intensive regime. This is the stage where your skin clears out the old dead cells. This system is not for wimps though! You can expect to peel in the first 6 weeks as this is all the damaged and dead cells sloughing away to make room for fresh healthy ones. But don’t fret; you can still wear a light make up during this stage.
You will start seeing a noticeable change after just 12 weeks on the Nu-Derm System. Its works deep in the skin to regulate cell function, keeping the new skin cells healthy and therefore as the new healthy cells reach the skins surface, your skin looks radiant, younger and blemish and discolouration free.
After your initial 18 weeks, you can then move onto a long-term maintenance regime where (as the name suggests) you maintain your results and only need use some of the creams 2-3 times a week.
All the products in the Nu-Derm System have their own role to play in your regime and you can choose from 2 system types to suit your skin, normal to oily or normal to dry system.
- The Foaming Gel or Gentle Cleanser cleans and prepares your skin for the other creams in the system.
- The toner gently restores the skins natural ph.
- The Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte exfoliates dead surface cells off and prevent skin debris which can clog pores and cause blemishes.
- Clear treats any unwanted pigmentation and promotes a balanced and radiant complexion.
- The Blender and Tretinoin (the stuff that makes you peel) should be mixed together before applying to your face. The Blender carries the molecules in the Tretinoin to a deeper skin layer so that the Tretinoin can work from deep within the epidermis.
Tretinoin is one of the active ingredients that stimulates cell turnover and the production of healthy cells. It is an acidic form of vitamin A and the most studied Retinoid in the treatment of photo aging.
- The sunfader helps protect your skin from UV damage as well as working to treat any brown spots or pigmentation from sun damage.
You must apply a really good SPF daily, even in winter! Exposure to UV rays, no matter how minimal, can cause skin damage and set back your skins rejuvenation. Also with the active ingredients in the Nu-Derm Systems, your skin can become more photosensitive so it’s a good idea to protect it daily.
For those thinking you will only need some of the creams in the system, think again! By using just a selection of the Obagi Nu-Derm products you simply will not get the results you want as the products are all designed to complement and work together in treating your skin disorders.