Have you heard of Obagi's impressive line of skin care products and systems but don't know where to begin? It may be that you don't know which serums work with your skin type? Or perhaps not sure of which order to apply skincare? Well, with Obagi, these questions don't even need to be asked, with their separate systems making it incredibly easy for newbies and avid skincare users alike! Catering for many (if not all!) skin types, each of Obagi's product lines are uniquely tailored for your skincare so you can maintain skin that is healthy, youthful and rejuvenated.
Each range is only used for a specific length of time, making it likely that you will have quick, visible results. Obagi recognises that everybody's skin is different, and their skin needs are therefore going to be also different. This is why each range has its own particular set of ingredients, helping to achieve a specific outcome, as well as having products suitable for either dry skin or oily skin - feeling confident in your skin will never be as easy as this! Read on to find out more about each Obagi skin system and the most recommended products from each Obagi product line.
The Obagi Nu-Derm System
For skin that looks and acts younger and healthier
For anyone that has never tried an Obagi product before and are looking to vamp up their skincare routine, the Nu-Derm System is where you should start. Recommended by top medical professionals, the Nu-Derm System works to transform your skin by brightening up any dark spots, reducing acne breakouts and giving an overall smoother finish to the texture of your skin - as well as reducing signs of ageing!
There are two separate product lines part of this system; one suitable for those with normal to dry skin, and one for those with normal to oily skin. The normal to dry skin kit comes with a complete selection of incredible skincare products, including the following:
- Obagi Clear FX - containing 4% hydroquinone, this serum works to improve discolouration and the texture of the skin.
- Obagi Blend FX (also contains hydroquinone) - another unique product to help improve hyperpigmentation of the skin.
- Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 - This is not your run of the mill sunscreen! This too clever, light formulation can be worn under make-up, and it quickly absorbs into the skin, leaving a matte and non-greasy finish - that's what we want.
The Obagi-C Rx System
For those with sensitive skin and intolerance to aggressive anti-ageing skincare
The Obagi-C Rx System is the first vitamin C+ Hydroquinone combination skincare system. It has been created specifically to address early signs of ageing such as fine lines, unevenness of skin tone and reduce hyperpigmentation. As with the Nu-Derm range, the Obagi-C Rx system also has two product lines so is adaptable to both dry and oily skin - bonus! Both formulations of the system include the likes of the following:
- Obagi CRx C-Cleansing Gel - packed with vitamin C, this gel prepares your skin whilst removing excess oil and make-up.
- Obagi C-Clarifying Serum (for normal/dry skin and normal/oily skin): Containing 4% hydroquinone, this professional serum is a skin bleaching agent. It blocks the pathways in your cells that lead to discolouration, including hyperpigmentation, dark spots and melasma.
- Obagi C-Therapy Night Cream, which will work to reduce the appearance of dark spots over time with its 4% hydroquinone content.
The Obagi 360 System
Next Generation Skincare for the Next Generation
Believe it or not, younger readers with more youthful skin looking to improve their skin can also benefit from Obagi skin care! The Obagi 360 System is an excellent range for younger patients as it provides early protection and preventative support for the skin. The products have been made to improve dull complexions, uneven skin tone, reduce the appearance of fine lines and prevent loss of that luscious young skin. The kit includes some of the best products in skincare including:
- Obagi Retinol 0.5% - This form of entrapped retinol releases gradually, improving complexion, and smoothing the appearance of uneven skin texture for clearer-looking skin with minimal irritation.
- Obagi HydraFactor Broad Spectrum SPF30 moisturiser - this brilliant SPF is a clinically advanced formula that helps to shield skin from environmental damage - as well as helping with signs of ageing.
Hopefully, this short guide on Obagi's skin systems and products have given you an idea of where to begin on your journey with Obagi. Seek help from a skincare professional so that you can be introduced to the most effective Obagi solutions for your skin's needs, contact us here.