Increased hand washing has become ‘the new norm’ for most of us as part of global preventive measures to help curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. While some may be able to get away with the use of simple hand creams to keep their hands moisturised and supple, there are others who are struggling with extremely dry skin and are in dire need of some tender loving care when it comes to their hands.
When we expose our hands more frequently to bleach, detergents, and even warm water that can easily deplete the skin’s moisture, we are not only further irritating dry skin, but we are also accelerating the natural ageing process in this particular area too.
How to treat dry skin on hands
There are numerous ways in which you can remedy and prevent dry skin on hands, especially during an unprecedented time that requires us to pay much more attention to hygiene and adopt more frequent hand washing:
1. Protect your hands from UVA and UVB, too: Just like the rest of your skin on your body, your hands also need protection from the sun. Even if most of us find ourselves indoors more than ever, sunscreen is still essential for those quick moments in the sun; whether you’re going for a run, doing some gardening or relaxing with a good book on the terrace.
2. Wear gloves and protective equipment when cleaning and gardening: Detergents, bleach and hot water can easily dry and age the skin on your hands. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you use gloves to avoid further moisture loss which can also contribute to premature ageing on this area of the body.
3. Moisturise and use rejuvenating products: Applying a lotion or cream can help lock in moisture on your hands after washing. You can also use products like the Thoclor Lab GF2 Skin Rejuvenation formula if you want to further reduce environmental damage and skin ageing .
Thoclor Lab GF2 Skin Rejuvenation
This unique product formulation normalises your skin-cell function in order to aid your skin’s natural rejuvenation process. This product aims to:
• Switch off the genes associated with inflammation, ageing and disease
• Boost the results from your existing skin routine
• Normalise collagen, elastin and melanin formulation which results in thicker, healthier and plumper skin
• Provide smoother skin that is even in texture and tone
• Reduce DNA-repair protein that is usually increased by skin ageing
• Reduce inflammation and redness on the skin because of sensitivity
• Help reduce eczema and atopic dermatitis
Not only that, but this is also an antibacterial moisturiser and contains anti-bacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties. If you are suffering from sun burn and redness, it can also help to minimise damage in the cells and lessens the chance of peeling to help the skin heal faster.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a little extra something to help with dry hands during COVID-19, we highly recommend that you try out the Thoclor Lab GF2 Skin Rejuvenation formula. It’ll be your new best friend!