Collagen is often referred to as the most abundant protein in our body. To put it straight, it acts like a special glue that holds your entire body together and it consists of about 80% of your skin. The thing is, some factors deplete and break down collagen in our bodies. Things like facial movements, being exposed to the sun, and even the presence of certain enzymes in our body can all cause collagen to break down. Restoring the skin’s natural collagen production can be quite the challenge for our body, so sometimes we need to enlist the help of certain products to aid in the regeneration process. Enter the Swisscode Bionic Stem Cell Radiant Elixir, which aids in increasing the skin’s plumpness and elasticity.
How do you Boost your Collagen Production?
From the age of 25, our body starts to break down collagen faster. Which is why we start to see wrinkles forming in places that we had never seen before. Scientific studies show that we start to lose 1% of collagen each year and skin ageing becomes increasingly visible.
When it comes to anti-ageing products, it’s never too late to begin taking a few steps in helping your skin slow down the ageing process. Below are a couple of things that you can do to help in boosting collagen production:
• Taking collagen supplements: by far, this is the most popular trend that helps us boost the body’s collagen production. Taking hydrolysed collagen or collagen peptides orally, in the form of a pill or powder is the easiest way to get your daily boost of skin repair.
• Eating foods that are naturally rich in collagen: if you’re not a fan of supplements in capsules and sachets, simply incorporate foods into your diet that are rich in collagen such as leafy greens, citrus fruits and meat
• Skincare products that include stem cell: the Swisscode Bionic Stem Cell Radiant Elixir has been popular among those who feel the need to enhance the youthfulness, firmness, and elasticity of their skin. It also prevents collagen breakdown and is infused with hyaluronic acid that aids in boosting the skin’s hydration. The Swisscode Bionic Stem Cell Radiant Elixir claims that you can see a significant improvement in your skin with as early as the first 40 days of regular use
• Micro-needling or derma rolling: this has become quite a popular skincare process. With the use of tools that have tiny needles that prick small holes on the top layer of your skin, it claims to stimulate the process of collagen production. As for derma rollers, you can use it with your favourite serums while massaging your face with your preferred tool.
• Light therapy or laser treatments. This type of treatment uses LED lights to penetrate the skin, depending on your skin’s needs. It helps in plumping the skin and helps in increasing the collagen production.
It is never too early and never too late to implement habits or adopt products that slow down the ageing process. Even though there are lots of options that you can choose from to help your skin recover from the loss of collagen, it’s best to find one that works well for your skin and lifestyle since consistency is key to achieve the best results possible.