Most of us severely underestimate the power of a good toner when it comes to improving the health of your skin. But the truth is, the absence of using a toner can impact your entire skincare regimen. Some of the questions that you probably have in mind are: Why should you tone your skin? Or why do you need a toner? And what does a toner do? The answers are very simple, but first, we need to understand what a toner is.
What is a toner?
A toner is a skincare product that’s usually of a watery consistency because they comprise of, you guessed it, mostly water! In addition, some toners are packed with acids, antioxidants, glycerin and anti-inflammatory ingredients. Toners can easily penetrate your skin to give it a quick fix of hydration and sweeps away dirt and dead skin cells that your facial wash may have failed to remove.
It is considered as the first (or second to cleansing) in your skincare routine and what it does in its most simplest form is simply bring your skin back to its natural acidic state. It also helps in prepping your skin for better absorption, ready for you to apply the next round of products that you will be using in your skincare routine.
Why do you need a toner?
Toners are necessary, especially for those who have oily and acne-prone skin. There are a lot of benefits that you can get from toners and here are just a few:
• It can manage the appearance of your pores: applying toner to your skin can help remove oil which helps in making the appearance of your pores smaller. Because of this, it can even prevent future breakouts
• It restores your skin’s natural pH levels: after cleansing our skin, the pH levels can get out of balance because of the cleanser’s alkaline nature. Using a toner can restore its natural pH almost instantly
• It boosts hydration: certain toners act as humectants which help in binding moisture to the skin.
• It can cleanse your skin: it’s your cleanser’s job to do the cleansing, but there will be times that your face wash won’t always be enough. Often toners can easily clean off the remaining dirt and makeup residue that’s left on your skin
• It can help with certain skin issues: some toners have anti-ageing properties, active ingredients and acids which allow them to do much more than all of the things listed above, making it an incredibly powerful addition to your skincare routine.
What toner is best for your skin?
Your toner should be based on what your skin type is and what it needs. There are a lot of different toners out there that are meant for either, dry, normal, acne-prone or sensitive skin.
The Obagi Nu-Derm Toner
The good thing about the Obagi Nu-Derm toner is that it is ideal for most skin types. It has a gentle formulation made up of natural compounds that works well for most skin types.
It is one of the best-selling products in the Obagi Nu-Derm System and it is considered a revolutionary product that can help your skin look its best. It removes excess oil and dirt, reduces the appearance of dark spots, shrinks your pores, and fights visible sign of ageing.
It is clinically formulated to prep your skin for other skin care treatments without drying it out. It also restores your skin’s natural pH while keeping the skin tight and plump. It boasts of natural extracts like witch hazel and sage which helps in toning and purifying the skin.
If you are looking for a toner that does it all for you, the Obagi Nu-Derm Toner is one of the best options out there that is clinically proven to help your skin look good and feel better!