A scar is a mark that is left on the skin after a wound or an injury to the surface of the skin has healed. Scars are extremely common and are a natural part of the healing process, with most people having at least one on their body.
How Do Scars Form?
Your skin is a magical organ, but like any body part, if heavily damaged can struggle to fully repair back to its original aesthetic. When the skin is wounded and there is a break in the body’s tissues, the body produces a protein called collagen, which builds up where the tissue has been damaged, helping the wound to heal and strengthen.
The Types of Scars
- Hypertrophic scars are usually red, thick and elevated and can be itchy or painful.
- Keloid scars are thick, rounded and irregular clusters of scar tissue that extend beyond the original wound.
- Atrophic scars are generally small, round depressions that lie below the surface of the surrounding skin.
Although scars are permanent, they can fade over a period of up to two years. It is often unlikely that they will fade any more after this time, however, there are options available should you wish to further fade such skin blemishes.
What Are The Options?
Why Choose Kelo-cote?
Kelo-cote is safe and effective for a number of damaged skin tissue types, and helps to not only reduce scars but restore confidence. The types of scar Kelo-cote can be used to treat include:
- Surgery scars – such as breast reconstruction surgery, caesarean section, back surgery, appendectomy surgery, face lift surgery etc.
- Body piercing scar
- Burn scars
- Hair transplant scar
- Liposuction scars
- Raised acne scars
- Tattoo removal scars
- Trauma scars
Kelo-cote is an advanced formula, silicone gel specifically crafted for the treatment and prevention of abnormal scars. The precise blend of silicones, known as Siliclear Complex, enables Kelo-cote to cross-link and dry within minutes of application, forming a breathable, waterprood and transparent layer.
- Registered with the FDA as a 510(k) medical device
- Binds to the skin creating a semi-occlusive, gas permeable waterproof layer, eliminating maceration side effects
- Indicated for scars resulting from cosmetic and surgical procedures, as well as wounds, burns and trauma
Keto-cote, as a silicone based scar gel is the only non-invasive option for which evidence-based recommendations have been made for both scar treatment and prevention. Silicone gel should be the first line of treatment in the initial management of all scars, and particularly in the prevention of keloid and hypertrophic scars.
As a completely bio-compatible and suitable for use on children and people with sensitive skin product, Kelo-cote is ideal for all clients. Boasting clinical evidence which supports the efficacy in both the treatment and prevention of abnormal scar formation, Kelo-cote is one of the finest and most effective products on the current market.