Why Is It Important To Tone Your Skin?
Most of us severely underestimate the power of a good facial toner when it comes to improving the health of your skin. But the truth is, the absence of using a good toner can impact your entire skincare regimen. Some of the questions that you probably have in mind are: Why should you tone your skin? Or why do you need a toner? And what does a toner do? The answers are very simple, but first, we need to understand what a toner is.
What is a Toner?
A facial toner is a skincare product that’s usually of a watery consistency because they comprise of, you guessed it, mostly water! In addition, skin toner ingredients can include acids, antioxidants, glycerin and other anti-inflammatory ingredients. One of the major benefits of facial toners is they can easily penetrate your skin to give it a quick fix of hydration and sweeps away dirt and dead skin cells that your facial wash may have failed to remove.
Toners are considered as the first (or second to cleansing) in your skincare routine and what it does in its simplest form to bring your skin back to its natural acidic state. Skin toners also helps in preparing your skin for better absorption, ready for you to apply the next round of products that you will be using in your skincare routine.
What Does A Toner Do?
Toners are necessary, especially for those who have oily and acne-prone skin. The benefits of a facial toner include
• Facial toners can manage the appearance of your pores: applying toner to your skin can help remove oil which helps in making the appearance of your pores smaller. Because of this, it can even prevent future breakouts
• Toner restores your skin’s natural pH levels: after cleansing our skin, the pH levels can get out of balance because of the cleanser’s alkaline nature. Using a toner can restore skin's natural pH almost instantly
• Toner boosts skin's hydration: certain toners act as humectants which help in binding moisture to the skin, an important addition to your autumn and winter skincare routine.
• Toner can cleanse your skin: it’s your cleanser’s job to do the cleansing, but there will be times that your face wash won’t always be enough. Often toners can easily clean off the remaining dirt and makeup residue that’s left on your skin
• Toner can help with certain skin issues: some toners have anti-ageing properties, active ingredients and acids which allow them to do much more than all of the things listed above, making it an incredibly powerful addition to your skincare routine. The benefit of this is your toner can be changed seasonally to adapt to your ever changing skincare needs.
Your facial toner should be based on what your skin type is and what it needs. There are a lot of different toners out there that are meant for either, dry, normal, acne-prone or sensitive skin.
The Obagi Nu-Derm Toner
One of the major benefits of Obagi Nu-Derm Toner is that it is ideal for most skin types. The Obagi UK Toner has a gentle formulation made up of natural compounds that works well for most skin types.
Their facial toner is one of the best-selling products in the Obagi Nu-Derm System and it is considered a revolutionary product that can help your skin look its best. The Obagi UK Toner removes excess oil and dirt, reduces the appearance of dark spots, shrinks your pores, and fights visible signs of ageing.
The Obagi Nu-Derm Toner is clinically formulated to prep your skin for other skin care treatments without dehydrating. It also restores your skin’s natural pH while keeping the skin tight and plump. This facial toner also boasts natural extracts like witch hazel and sage which helps in toning and purifying the skin.
If you are looking for a toner that does it all for you, the Obagi Nu-Derm Toner is one of the best options out there that is clinically proven to help your skin look good and feel better!
The latest from skincare
Skincare from the inside out. Tap into our world of award-winning skincare, 'the best of', new products and more.
In 2023, many new skincare trends will be storming the beauty industry - including the Inside-Outside approach.
There are numerous gems to look for in the world of anti-aging skincare, one of which is collagen.